Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally...the stiches are out and I can hold my babies!!!!

Yay! I had another doctor's appointment today and finally got my stitches out and am able to slowly start using my arm again without my sling. I actually went Tuesday to get them out, but they didn't end up coming out due to the patient doing a little too much with her arm (oops!) Anyways, I could not wait to pick up and hold my babies!!!! It's been about 3 weeks now and I was more anxious to start changing diapers and cleaning up spit up then I had ever been in my life! Like I have said before, there have been many lessons that I have learned through this journey and another one has been how much I appreciate the little things that I am able to do on a day to day basis with my kids. I am so fortunate to be able to stay at home with them and so appreciative of all the little things I have missed out on doing hands on during these past three weeks.


So at this point all the cancer is gone from my arm. I did get another 3 moles removed today, partly because I'm paranoid over every single mole on my body and partly because the doctor did think they looked a little suspicious. I should get the results back in about a week to two weeks. I am praying for peace at this point. I wake up at night and think about getting cancer or what if I have cancer some where else and don't know it, or what would happen if my kids don't have a mom, etc. It's pretty bad. I am praying that God will give me the peace I need and praying that he will help me to be less paranoid about every spot I see. I am hoping that volunteering though the skin cancer society will help me to get rid of this craziness by giving back and teaching others about melanoma.