Saturday, July 17, 2010

Meet my friend....Ms. Paula Deen....=)

So, one of my many new friends I have met since I've moved to the South has been my new friend, Paula Deen!!! A few months ago (I was about 7 months pregnant in this picture) two of my friends, Carrie and Tonya and I went to a book signing she held at a local book store, She was so, so, so nice and talked my ear off about what I was having, what his name was, when I was due, etc. She couldn't have been more sweet. Anyways, I loved her before meeting her, but I really love her now that I know how truly nice she really is. I am dying to visit her resturant, Lady and Sons, in Savannah, Georgia. Maybe I'll talk Tyler into going there for our anniversary!!!
O.K, on to why I'm posting this.....we are finally getting out and going to a movie and dinner tonight and leaving BOTH kids with Tyler's aunt Silvia and cousin Emily. Yikes! Both kids are a lot of work, so I thought I would butter them up by sending them home with some goodies when they are exhuasted at the end of the day!!! I made good ol' Paula DeensTennesse Jam cupcakes with no-cook carmel frosting. Of course I had to taste a little bit to make sure it was good....and yum yumm!!!!! Here's the recipe if you need to butter someone up!!! Ha ha... Oh and by the way, it is Paula Deen, so don't expect low fat!

Tennessee Jam Cupcakes
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup blackberry or rasberry jam
Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray, or use liners. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together with a mixer until fluffy.Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Beat in sour cream. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into prepared pans; top with 1/2 tablespoon of jam, spoon in remaining batter filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Spread no cook caramel frosting over cupcakes.
Caramel Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
In a med. bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at med. speed with a mixer until creamy. Add 2 tbl. milk, and gradually beat in 1 cup confectioners sugar; add remaining 2 tbl. milk, and gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar. Stir in vanilla and salt. Use immediately.